viernes, 29 de febrero de 2008

´Fraid to stay late in ´town´

I remember when i used to spend lots of time in Port of Spain after work. It would even get dark and i would head home then. My mother used to warn me that i might get caught in a coup doing that but i didn´t bother. I still stayed out late, but mainly on Fridays. Not very late though. Just till 7 or so. Then i changed jobs and didnt care to stay late in town. Another deterrent was the trouble i encountered for transportation. I have yet another reason to run out of town. Last week a woman was shopping for pirated DVDs on Broadway and a gunman opened fire on the vendor but killed her instead. Then a day ago a man who claimed he received death threats was gunned down on Frederick street around 7p.m. I am sort of wary now. Seems they are getting more bold. So I will try to get home earlier...but does it really matter? About two years ago a man was killed in broad daylight on the promenade. An innocent woman got shot too, but thank God she survived.

I am going fabric shopping today!!

No hay comentarios: